HC hand cursor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 29 10:26:59 CDT 2006

Mark Schonewille wrote:
 > Hi Jacque,
 >
 > I have a dragging hand cursor on the economy-x-talk web site. You're
 > free to use that. It is not exactly a HC cursor, though.

Thanks. I needed the actual HC cursor, but I found that Stephen Goldberg
had it in the cursor set he released a few weeks ago. However, I found
later that I also needed to adjust some other cursors that were in the
HC stack I'm converting. I have figured out how to do it now.

Not only is the engine very picky about the colors (black, white, and a
third transparent color) but it apparently is also very picky about the
order of the colors in the image's color table. That was what caused the
inversion for me, which also was affecting other cursors in this stack.

I exported the cursors as PNG images, and used Graphic Converter to swap
the colors in the color table for the image. It looks like white must be
first, black second, and the transparent color third. If the order is
any different, you either get no cursor at all, or you get an inverted one.

Then I re-imported the PNG and touched it with the paint tools (still an
important step.) Now they work fine and I can consistently fix cursors
that aren't imported correctly by the engine.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com