MC IDE 2.7: how to create a functioning version?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Aug 27 03:39:27 CDT 2006

Hi John, hi Jaqueline,

> John Vokey wrote:
>> MetaCarders,
>>   Maybe it is just me and my ageing brain, but how does one
>> actually get a working version of MC IDE 2.7.3?  I followed the
>> instructions at the web-site, but they are (for me) woefully
>> incomplete.  I tried adding the two MC  IDE 2.7.3 files to a copy
>> of my functioning MC 2.6.1 And then copying over and renaming the
>> executable file from the Revolution.app bundle contents.  That
>> runs, but gives me only the Metacard menu and a resourceless Home
>> card (no buttons).  Clearly some resources are missing.
>
> This was the right way to do it. It sounds like the engine can't
> find the mctools stack. All the missing resources you mention are
> stored in there. Make sure that file is named right and in the same
> folder with the app.

problem is, you need to add a little handler to the "home" stack of MC
to make it run with the Rev 2.7.x engine.

if the version >= "2.7" then
     start using stack "mctools.mc"
     open stack "mctools.mc"
     set the defaultStack to "home"
     reset cursors
   end if

But:
1. You can do this only with a PRE 2.7.x version of the engine!

2. In that case you need a license because adding this little handler
will exceed the "script limits" so yu cannot close and save the script!

A vicious circle! I have no idea on how to solve this one...

I am sure we are not allowed to share our licensed "home" stack.
Any hints are very welcome!

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de