MC IDE 2.7: how to create a functioning version?

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Sat Aug 26 14:23:01 CDT 2006

MetaCarders,
   Maybe it is just me and my ageing brain, but how does one actually
get a working version of MC IDE 2.7.3?  I followed the instructions
at the web-site, but they are (for me) woefully incomplete.  I tried
adding the two MC  IDE 2.7.3 files to a copy of my functioning MC
2.6.1 And then copying over and renaming the executable file from the
Revolution.app bundle contents.  That runs, but gives me only the
Metacard menu and a resourceless Home card (no buttons).  Clearly
some resources are missing.  I then tried copying the two MC IDE
2.7.3 files to the Revolution 2.7.3 folder and renaming the
executable within.  That doesn't run at all, just ``a damaged and
resources missing'' dialog.

   So, as I have a functioning MC IDE 2.6.1, Enterprise Rev 2.7.3,
and the two files, mchelp.mc and mctools.mc, of the new MC IDE
2.7.3.  What do I do to get a functioning MC IDE 2.7.3?