What is version 2.7?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Aug 24 09:58:16 CDT 2006

Hi Shari,

>> Why not just download the 2.7.3 trial and see if it's appropriate
>> for your needs? You can test it for a month on all your old stacks.
>
> Does anybody happen to know if I can create a standalone that will
> work for 2-3 months with the Trial version from an existing stack?
> A proper full beta test on my current selling program takes about
> 2-3 months with several beta testers :-)

I think the cheapest way will be to write the date and time (or
seconds) to a prefs file
on first startup and then compare this value at every new launch.

Can of course be fooled by changing the system date, but since so
many services
and settings depend on a correct date/time nowadays, this is at least
worth a try :-)

> Shari
> --
> Mac and Windows shareware games