It came from beyond...

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Aug 24 06:32:39 CDT 2006

It came from beyond and it was two days early.  The new Macintel
arrived!  She's a BIG honkin' thing.  One look at the box and my
first thought was, surely the computer isn't that big?  Surely the
box is just well padded?  But nope, she towers over my G3 by about 4
inches.  Taller, wider, longer, heavier.

Yup, and she's a lunar landing alright :-)  I spent the evening
setting preferences, most of which I'd never heard of so I turned
them off for the moment.  Bear was standing behind me scrunching,
he'd have been all up in there wanting to know what the inexplicable
prefs were.  I just want to get functional first :-)

Took five minutes to break my mouse functionality.  I wanted to keep
my old mouse and was setting mouse prefs when suddenly it quit taking
mouse commands... I don't think it likes my old mouse.  The new mouse
is buttonless, or rather, the whole mouse is a button with touchy
feely spots telling it Right or Left.  It has two thingies on the
sides for... something.  I turned the thingies off :-)  Just for
now...

You guys probably know all the new prefs.  Comes with Tiger.  I think
I have Leopard on the other.  So it's two big cats ahead of me.

Topping the list... a NETWORK CABLE so I can move all my stuff over.
She does fly thru the internet.  I can't wait to see her with
Photoshop and Bryce.

Downloaded one of my games and immediately saw a bug :-(  I've known
that it runs on Tiger and people are buying it who have Tiger.  I
know that folks with Macintels are running it, too.  Don't know if
the bug is Tiger related or Macintel related and nobody has emailed
the bug to me.  Kinda figuring it may be in the Rosetta translation.
Not going to worry about it right now as the goal is to put out a
native Macintel version, which presumably will address it.  Been
thankful that my old Metacard has managed to keep running on many new
systems.

Heather's vacation feels like a million years long :-)  Yes, I know
there's other people but... Heather is nice.  Everybody says nice
things about her.  She has a happy reputation :-)

Shari

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com