MC and UB

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 23 11:24:16 CDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> I remember when the last IDE shipped with the message box set to 11
>> point text and I could not read it on my high-resolution monitor. It
>> was too small.
>
> 11pt Lucida Grande is the standard small app font size for OS X (the
> large size is 13).
>
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGText/chapter_13_section_2.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000365-TPXREF113>
>

> Do you find other apps similarly hard to deal with, or have you found a
> way to boot that default OS setting?

The System Prefs lets you set the size for default font settings. Many
apps use that. In others (like Firefox) I just set it in the application
prefs. Since MC has no similar prefs setting, the 11 point font was
sticky unless I manually made the change in the IDE myself.

In many cases, OS X apps use the "large" 13-point size. That works okay
for me.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com