What is version 2.7?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 23 10:32:15 CDT 2006

Shari wrote:
>> If you followed the improve-rev list discussion you'd see some of the
>> issues that were discussed re. v2.7, v2.7.1, and v2.7.2, esp. with
>> regard to QuickTime and some other areas, as noted by Trevor and
>> others.  True enough, these didn't affect all customers, but if you
>> needed the affected features you were hosed.  The QT issue is said to
>> be fixed in v2.7.3, but I haven't verified it myself not heard from
>> anyone who'd voted for that issue.
>
> I am not on any list but Discussions on Metacard at the moment.
> Quicktime would have DEFINITELY affected me.

Apparently one of the v2.7.x-introduced bugs related to QT has been fixed:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2006-August/086309.html>

That's good news, and I can report that in my limited experience I
haven't found anything yet that's a show-stopper for the apps I'm
working on with v2.7.3.  Earlier versions of the v2.7 series were dogdy
in a few areas, introducing new bugs that had never been in the engine
before, but the latest build appears - thus far - to be the redemption.

As for v2.6 vs v2.7, Apple's fickleness leaves us no choice for the long
term:  having implemented their third major paradigm shift in just over
a decade (lowering ROI for loyal Mac developers each time), now Rev v2.7
is required to run native on newer Apple hardware.

  Managing Editor, revJournal