MC and UB

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Tue Aug 22 16:20:22 CDT 2006

On Aug 22, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Klaus Major wrote:

> Since the ONLY new thing in the IDE will be support for UB on OS X,

Any chance  to add small cosmetic change we discussed before?.

> On Jun 22, 2006, at 10:43 PM, Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

> Speaking about sizes, I'm always changing the fonts and button sizes
> in  new MC IDE builds to accommodate to OS standards.
>
>  For OS 9 the standard font  is Geneva 10 and button size is w= 95 and
> h= 22
>  For OS X the standard font is Lucida Grande 11 and button size is w =
> 82 and h= 23
>  For Win the standard font is Tahoma 11, don't remember standard
> button sizes
>
> So, may be it makes sense to put a small handler in PreOpenStack  of
> "mctools.mc" and "mchelp.mc" that would set the textfont and textsize
> of this stacks according to OS standards?
>
> This way substacks   like "properties" or "control browser" would
> inherit TextFont and TextSise of the main stack and would look much
> better on all platforms.
>
> Concerning default object sizes (when you create a new object) Rev has
> it done very nicely in "Preferences / Object sizes"
> May be Klaus would consider to add such tab to MC IDE preferences
> stack and make it OPTIONAL ?
>
> That's one of few features I personally like in Rev ID and I'm
> imitating it by setting default sizes in  "on NewButton", "On
> NewField" etc in script of stack Home.

note: this way  we still create objects by dragging them on the card,
but after dragging,  the size would "self adjust" to default size. As
for copy / paste the " on NewButton"  / "On NewField"  scripts would
"pass" in this case to preserve the size of copy / pasted object

> Also,   just to remind so this would not be lost in transition period
> :) ...  RC1 has libURL vs  1.1.4 and Dave Gragg posted vs 1.1.6 at

I sort of remember Klaus agreed to at least part of this proposal
concerning platform dependent default fonts and font sizes.

> Short question:

> is it OK to deliver/save it in 2.7 stack format???
> It needs the 2.7x engine for UBs anyway!

> OK, OK, OK, poll finished, will deliver in "legacy" stack format :-)

Good :)

best regards
Tariel