MC and UB

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 22 08:24:43 CDT 2006

Ken Ray wrote:
> On 8/22/06 3:10 AM, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
>
>> Short question:
>>
>> Since the ONLY new thing in the IDE will be support for UB on OS X,
>> is it OK to deliver/save it in 2.7 stack format???
>>
>> It needs the 2.7x engine for UBs anyway!
>
> Well, normally I'd say "Yes", but some of us may still be swapping stacks
> with older copies of MC for a short while, so if it's possible to save in
> the format the stack came in, and if someone tries to make a UB standalone
> out of a legacy format stack, alert the user that if they continue, the
> stack will be saved in 2.7 format.

I'm with Ken on this one:  the older format lets us use the latest IDE
with either engine, but the new format limits it to only the most recent
engine.  I do projects in both, and when I work in v2.7 I have it set up
to save in the older format.

I would vote for imposing no limit that isn't absolutely necessary.
Saving in the older format allows a choice that the newer format doesn't.