CGI for dummies failed

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 20 19:36:25 CDT 2006

Shari wrote:
> Richard,
>
> What sorts of things are you doing with it, if you don't mind telling?

Anything that uses CGI in RevNet is calling an MC CGI, like the forms,
download index, etc.

Last year I wrote an MC CGI that runs the server side of a custom
content management system.  This was for a medical database, enabling a
review board of 20 top pediatricians in the US, AU, and NZ create,
update, and revise content from a server based in San Diego.

Both of these projects use custom client-side apps made in MC, with a
few small test apps done for browsers on the client.

I'd probably make more things for browser clients but to be honest I
find most web work to be a bit boring compared to playing in MC. :)