Metacard crossgrade to Revolution

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Aug 20 17:29:46 CDT 2006

>Note though that there are no standalone/Intel bugs when building
>with Revolution's IDE. I believe Richard is working on getting the
>MC IDE standalone builder to work with Universal Binaries, but in
>the mean time MC still works fine as-is for Windows and PPC Macs. If
>you upgrade to Revolution, you can always just use the Rev builder
>for any UB standalones until the MC IDE works again. You may find,
>as I have, that you prefer Rev's builder anyway. It has some
>advantages over MetaCard's. Generally I use both IDEs
>simultaneously; each has its strong points and I use them for
>different things.
>
>I don't know what problems you've discovered with upgrading to
>Enterprise, but RR has recently been running a cross-grade discount.
>I can't remember if it has expired yet or not, but it would be worth
>asking about when you write to support.
>
>--
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com

Jacques,

I may well use Rev to build the standalones in the end.  But I need
to know I have the option :-)  So I will wait.  Is there any chance
the bug is in the engine and not the IDE?  An incompatibility with
the IDE somehow that they may have to fix in the engine?  This is my
major concern regarding the Intel-Metacard-Standalone bug.  If it's
only in the IDE I know it will be fixed :-)

Besides, they need to answer my questions about upgrading.  I may not
get to do it at all :-(

My interpretation of their website offer is that I'd be paying full
price minus $100, split over two years :-(  I was prepared for $299...

Shari

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com