CGI for dummies failed

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 20 12:25:49 CDT 2006

Shari wrote:
> My ISP and webhost are different.  My webhost uses FreeBSD UNIX servers
> according to their About info.  Would this still need Linux?

No, you'd need the BDS engine. You can download that from the Rev site:

<http://downloads.runrev.com/revolution/>

It is at the bottom of the page. It hasn't been updated in a while, but
that doesn't generally matter for CGIs. Most of the new features involve
the GUI, which a CGI doesn't need.

After decompression, make sure you upload to your site as binary. You
only need the engine, none of the supporting files matter.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com