ColorizeScript challenge

Mark Talluto mclist at canelasoftware.com
Fri Apr 28 16:21:59 CDT 2006

On Apr 28, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

>> On Apr 27, 2006, at 7:19 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>>> It's interesting that the ones here who've put in the most time
>>> with colorization don't use it. :)
>>

>> I never used to use it until I tried it in Constellation.  I found
>> I could scan code really quickly via looking at the color.  I also
>> like it on very dark backgrounds for the script editor.  I was
>> then hooked after a day of usage.
>>
>> Constellation has a very quick routine that colorizes the script.
>> I figure we are not hearing from Jerry due to the proprietary code.
>>
>> I guess I am the only one here who has changed sides on this.
>> Viva el color!
>>

> This is actually funny with me. I can't program in HTML or PHP
> without colorization but in Transcript the colors bother me. I
> think this has to do with utility. I mean in HTML the colors allow
> me to distinguish content from tags. However, there is no such a
> clear separation in Transcript. Most typos are caught by the
> compiler and the rest in execution trials. May be the difference is
> also in programming styles. I tend to do chunk at a time, ensuring
> that each chunk works before moving on to the next one.

Robert,

I found readability increased greatly once the background color was
darkened.  In the Rev editor the white background made the colors
appear washed out.  You could set that color via the MB and give it a
try there.  The Constellation method is useful because there is a
rhyme and a reason to the colors.  You can even adjust the colors if
needed.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software