ColorizeScript challenge

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 28 01:51:08 CDT 2006

I've been playing with the scripts suggested here, and I may have found
a way to modify Geoff's so that it handles function names with
parentheses as gracefully as it handles everything else:

on colorizeScript -- GC
   global gREVScriptHTMLColors
   --
   if the optionKey is "down" then
     colorizeScript_D
     exit colorizeScript
   end if
   --
   if gREVScriptHTMLColors["if"] is empty then SetupHTMLColors
   SetupHTMLColors
   put the scroll of fld "Editor Field" into tSaveScroll
   put fld "Editor Field" into tScript
   ------
   replace "&" with "&" in tScript
   replace "<" with "&lt;" in tScript
   replace ">" with "&gt;" in tScript
   repeat for each line L in tScript
     put 0 into i
     repeat for each word W in L
       add 1 to i
       put token 1 of W into tToken
       if gREVScriptHTMLColors[tToken] is not empty then
         put gREVScriptHTMLColors[tToken] into token 1 of word i of L
         add 1 to i
       else if char 1 of W is "#" or char 1 to 2 of W is "--" then
         put "<font color=gray60>" before word i of L
         put "</font>" after L
         exit repeat
       end if
     end repeat
     put "<p>" & L & "</p>" & cr after tReturn
   end repeat
   --
   set the htmlText of fld "Editor Field" to tReturn
   set the scroll of fld "Editor Field" to tSaveScroll

So all I'm doing is just evaluating token 1 of the word, and replacing
token 1 of the word if needed.

In brief testing it seems okay so far -- is it?

  Managing Editor, revJournal