CGI and DestroyStack property

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 27 23:51:18 CDT 2006

Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

> I must have one stack however, because it
> summarizes quiz results for all students and sends summary back to each
> student.

Just a note about saving data in stacks inside a CGI folder -- you
usually can't do it. MC/Rev makes a backup copy of a stack before saving
it, then if the save goes okay it deletes the backup. The permissions of
a CGI folder on a server are usually set to disallow the creation of new
files, so MC can't create the backup file and the save operation fails.

You can do it if you keep the stack somewhere else outside of the CGI
folder, but I hear that can be a security risk (though I'm not sure how
exactly, but someone wrote me once with very strong opinions about it.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com