CGI and DestroyStack property

LiangTyan Fui mlist at afteroffice.com
Thu Apr 27 23:26:12 CDT 2006

On Apr 28, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

>> We managed to run a full MetaCard in graphic mode, and install a
>> "acgi dispatcher" (http://www.sentman.com/acgi/) to emulated
>> AppleEvent from Apache back to MetaCard, just like the old OS 9
>> days - but that's very different animal mind you.
>>

> How did you manage to get MC recognized as an application? I talked
> about this with Sentman (quite a while ago) after my failed
> attempts and he said it is not possible to point to apple's apps
> disguised as folders. According to him, it was Apache limitation.

I am not sure now, it was 3 years ago on one of our MetaCard
projects. The application wasn't even build with the Carbon engine,
and running on OS X in the OS 9 emulation mode.
Here is a note that I've written on configuring the ACGI Dispatcher
[text in quote are the new one]:

==========================
Follow these steps:

- in ACGI Dispatcher, go File -> Configure Suffix Mappings...
- click "New"
- type ".mms" in the Suffix field (without the quotes) [or any .xxx
that you would like to trigger your application]
- select "launch as suffix" in Action.
- click "Choose App" when the button appear, locate the MMS
application. [MMS is the Metacard standalone application]
- click "Save".
- and click "Save" again if need be.
- DONE!