Script Editor menus

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 27 00:53:19 CDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Currently the MC IDE menus are bound to the window on OS X, rather than
> being in the menu bar.  I've found this sometimes causes conflicts with
> command keys used by items in the menu bar.
>
> Can any of you think of a reason those menus aren't in a menu group?

I'm sure it is historical, based on 'nix and Windows behaviors which
came first. But...sometimes I need those other menus. For example, when
I paste styled text into a script editor and I want to make it plain
text, I use the OS menu to set the textfont to "none". Stuff like that.

So if you move the menus, I'd like to see any relevant OS menus
incorporated.

And while we're on the subject, has anyone figured out a way to get out
of the "sticky" menus bug, where the script editor menus won't stop
popping down no matter where you click? I always have to force-quit when
that happens. I don't know why it happens in MC and not in Rev, but
maybe moving the script editor menus to the OS menu bar would help after
all.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com