MOV and AVI embedded files in Linux standalones

Mark Talluto mclist at canelasoftware.com
Mon Sep 19 14:27:00 CDT 2005

On Sep 16, 2005, at 12:20 AM, Mathewson wrote:

> Oh Dear, here's Richmond going back to the future and
> asking questions that were covered years ago.
>
> How does one get embedded quicktime movie files to play
> in Linux?

You need to have xanim installed on your system.  You will have to
download the source and compile it.  The instructions that come with
it explain the process.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Be prepared to see very poor quality video.  This is very old
technology that does not support the latest codecs.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com