Need help on proxy with username and password

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Tue Sep 13 21:59:51 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm posting in hope that Dave Gragg may read this and give me a tip.

We received the following letter from one of our potential clients
("CyberaRat" is one of our products)

--------------
We have received a copy of Cyberrat for evaluation but we are having
problems connecting to your server.
I have “told” Cyberrat of the existence of our proxy server by entering
the URL (wwwZZZZ.ex.ac.uk) and the port number (8080).
However, our proxy server is expecting a username and password to be
passed to it.
Is there any way we can enter these values?
Many thanks
            ZZZZ

School of Psychology
University of ZZZZZ
----------------

I believe LibURL should be able to handle proxy which requires username
/ password

<http://support.runrev.com/resources/liburlrealdocs.html>

I'm just short in time and if possible want to avoid trial and error
exchange with this client (I don't have proxy installed on any of my
computers and I hate to do this just for this case).  So, if somebody
has an example stack or handler to share I would really appreciate
this.

best regards
Tariel