Answer Dialog at ScreenLoc?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 6 18:32:34 CDT 2005

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, J. Landman Gay  wrote:
>

>>>What about inserting a frontScript which traps the preOpenStack message,
>>>checks the target, and reacts if there is an ask/answer dialog
>>>forthcoming. Same effect, no IDE modification?
>>
>>Cool. This is the best idea yet, since it doesn't require IDE changes
>>and it is customizable to any stack individually. I am sorry I didn't
>>think of it myself. :)
>

> Indeed -- now is there a way to get the same results in Rev?
>
> (The dialog already opens somewhat centered on the screen but can we
> override this loc?)

I looked all over the place but couldn't see where MC sets the location
of the answer dialog -- which seems to indicate that the engine sets it
to the stack location by default somehow (I guess.) So inserting a
preOpenStack handler in front works in MC, because its own preOpenStack
doesn't deal with the dialog location at all.

In Rev, the answer dialog's own preOpenStack handler *does* set the
stack location. Since a frontscript would trigger first (and set it
where you want it) and then the answer dialog's handler would happen
next, the Rev script overrides the frontscript's location.

But the Rev answer dialog does not have a preOpenCard handler (nor does
MetaCard's) so instead of using preOpenStack, you might try preOpenCard.
I don't think anything else would trap that message and the frontscript
should work.

Mind, I haven't actually tried it. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com