Answer Dialog at ScreenLoc?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Sep 5 14:31:25 CDT 2005

Scott Rossi and Richard Gaskin wrote:

>>> (snip)
>>> I had offered a solution that places the ask and answer dialogs anywhere
>>> on the screen or relative to a stack. There are sample stacks at
>>> <www.sanke.org/Software/PlaceDialogs.zip>.
>>

>> Thanks Wilhelm.  I know how to modify the answer/ask dialogs however
>> I was
>> looking for a solution that did not involve modifications to these
>> dialogs.
>> My stack is to be used in the Rev/MC environments and I would prefer
>> to use
>> the available IDE dialogs.
>

> I'm a bit skittish about using properties -- how about a global named
> gMCAlertLoc? When empty it uses the proposed defaults I outlined, and
> when set it becomes the default location.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

To Scott:

You can of course use the available IDE dialogs: Just add the two script
lines I have proposed (at the right place) to them, this is what I
normally do when a new version appears.

To Richard,

If this achieves the same effect (it should, but would require an
appropriate change of the engine), that would be O.K with me.
With my custom property - I repeat myself here - you have both default
behavior - when it is empty - and "directed" behavior when you set the
"NewLoc". The important function of the second added script line is that
NewLoc is set to empty immediately *after* the dialog stack has been
safely placed; thus default behavior is restored, but the option to
place a dialog anywhere the next time remains.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>