Answer Dialog at ScreenLoc?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Sep 5 11:56:11 CDT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 , Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

Aside from modifying its code, is there a trick to forcing the answer dialog
to appear at the screenLoc?

(snip)

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design

Naturally, this is a reappearing topic. We have had a similar discussion
one year ago on this and the improvement list.

I had offered a solution that places the ask and answer dialogs anywhere
on the screen or relative to a stack. There are sample stacks at
<www.sanke.org/Software/PlaceDialogs.zip>.

You determine any location for the stacks by setting a custom property
"NewLoc" in the script of the calling handler that triggers the dialog
(or not setting the property if you want normal dialog behavior) after
having modified the script of the dialogs with only two lines; see below
from the information on my website:

"Modified answer- and ask-dialogs that can be placed at any location on
the screen or relative to a stack. The sample stack contains English and
German information how to proceed with the new custom property "NewLoc"
or to modify the dialogs in your own Metacard or Revolution IDE. The
modified dialogs are contained both as substacks of the sample stack and
in a separate folder (to be added to other stacks)

All that is needed are two script lines added before the end of the
preopenstack handlers:

 " if the NewLoc of this stack is not empty then set the loc of this
stack to the NewLoc of this stack
set the NewLoc of this stack to empty "

The stacks can be used as usual if no NewLoc property is set.

Line 2 of the script makes sure to restore the default behavior of the
dialogs the next time they are opened without a specified  "NewLoc"."

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke

<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>

P.S.

Just returned home for 48 hours between two assignments and looking
through some 150 mails. I regret that presently I cannot devote much
time and effort to Metacard and Revolution, but hopefully that will
change in about three weeks.

W.S.