[WTF] MC's Answer Dialog Options Flipped?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 1 00:49:34 CDT 2005

Scott Rossi wrote:
> OK, I ran into this last night and chalked it up to lack of sleep but now
> I'm seeing it again so I have to ask: do the response options in MC's answer
> dialog get positioned in reverse order?
>
> When I run the following in the msg box:
>
>  answer "hello" with "one" or "two" or "three"
>
> I get:
>
>  hello
>  [three]  [two]  [one]
>
> I always thought the last option in the answer command was used as the
> default.  Running the above in Rev generates the expected result:
>
>  hello
>  [one]  [two]  [three]
>
> Can anyone confirm this?  Did I miss a change somewhere?

I've seen some anomalies, and have since made deep revisions to the Ask
and Answer dialogs to handle:

- More consistent behaviors on each platform
   Buttons should be in reverse order on Windows only,
   as per the Win HIG

- Icons for OS X and XP

- Better HIG compliants for button sizes and spacing

I'll clean these up over the next few days and post a new build for you
review soon.