standalone don't find images

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Oct 25 22:36:46 CDT 2005

On 10/25/05 3:53 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Reinhold Venzl-Schubert wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> The standalone, that I built, don't find the images in the folder  "Media"
>>
>> In the stackscript I set the directory with
>>
>> on preopenstack
>>   get the effective filename of this stack
>>   set the itemdel to "/"
>>   delete last item of it
>>   set the directory to it
>> end preopenstack
>>
>> every image was imported with "Link Only" and "Set Directory" and has
>> the Filename "Media/Imagename.jpg"
>>
>> and the Media-Folder is at the right place, in the same folder as the
>> standalone.
>>
>> What is wrong?
>
> On OS X, the filename of the main stack in a standalone is the file
> inside the app bundle. You should put your media folder inside the
> bundle, at: standalone.app/Contents/MacOS/

Or, don't bother setting the directory at all - in the standalone, the
directory is automatically set to the location of the currently running
executable (or OS X bundle) so it automatically is pointing in the right
place.

(NOTE: It didn't used to be this way on OS X - 'the directory' would be the
folder where the *engine* was  (in Contents/MacOS/) but that changed in
2.5.1 (I believe).)

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software