mc can't open stack - mc can't save stack

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert r.venzl-schubert at t-online.de
Fri Oct 21 14:56:28 CDT 2005

Hi!

I wrote a script to export some cards of a stack A:
It creates a new stack B, copies the cards from A to B and save stack
B after it.

I repeated this process several times with different cards and
different stacks B1, B2, B3 and so on.

Later I tried to copy the cards of stack B1, B2, ... back to stack A.
Most of the stacks B1, B2, ... could be opened and imported well, but
one of the stacks can't not be opened with the importscript that I
wrote. In the fileselector this strange stack is grey colored instead
of black, so that I can't select it.

I can open this strange stack directly with mc, but than I could not
save them again later.
I get the error message: "Can't save stack, error was: can't open
stack backup file."
The icons of the strange stack is different. It is a page with sharp
bend at the right top, but it is empty, without the symbol of metacard.

Do anybody has an idea, what might be the reason for this strange
behavior?

Reinhold

I have a Mac with OS 10.4