MetaCard and Tcl

Bruce M. Axtens bruce_axtens at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 2 21:08:11 CDT 2005

Dear al,

> i do not see how this could get around the
> 10 lines limit,

bad choice of words on my part. It doesn't so much get
around it as it does acquiesce to the fact and try to
use other tools to do what can't otherwise be done.
Instead of using MetaCard's HTML mechanism or writin8g
something in MetaTalk, I've farmed out the
functionality to a Tcl script.

> but Geoff Canyon wrote an
> extensive tutorial to manage longer scripts
> within the 10 lines limits.

of this I was unaware. I have thought about doing
something similar. What I usually end up doing
however, when I need to hang more closely to MetaCard
is to use AppleScript and 'do script' or 'evaluate'
the things I need. I will nevertheless make enquiries
now that I know better.

> Have a nice day!

Thank you! ap ko bhi / yu olsem ("to you also" but in
different human languages).

Bruce.