act with short name of an image

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Nov 21 08:15:42 CST 2005

>on mouseUp
>     set the showborder of me to true
>     put the short name of me into fld "selectedImageName"
>end mouseUp

Several possible issues here.

1.  Try putting it in parenthesis:
put (the short name of me) into fld "selectedImageName"

2.  Try using the target:
put (the short name of the target) into fld "selectedImageName"

3.  Get the name first:
get the short name of img id 1234
get the short name of img id (whatever code required to get the id of
the image)
put it into fld "selectedImageName"

4. Where is the image stored?  You may need more info:
put (the short name of img "happyFace.jpg" of stack someStack) into
fld "selectedImageName"

I had to add the stack info in a recent project.  Even though the
stack the images are stored in was "in use", just using the image
name or id was not enough.  Even though there were no images with
that name or number in any other stack, I still had to specify the
stack.

Good luck!

Shari

--