Living together BUT not married: RR/MC and Linux

Mark Talluto mclist at canelasoftware.com
Fri Nov 18 14:11:27 CST 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 7:01 AM, Mathewson wrote:

> Maybe it is time for RR/MC to contain an in-built media
> player that 'travels with it' and standalones ? ? ?
>
> This would certainly make things considerably more
> "seamless".

I can feel your pain when it comes to multi-media on Linux.  Though,
it would not be wise for a company the size of RunRev to take
something like this on.  Having a partner in Apple that manages QT is
a huge time and money saver.  It allows Apple to carry the burden of
maintaining a solid multi-media offering.  It is a lot cheaper for
RunRev to support this than to create something on their own.

We can hope that QT will eventually be released for Linux.  I have
heard that such a beast exists and Apple is waiting for the right
time and/or need to release it.  I think we will see Rev support some
other player for Linux before we see this happen.  Mplayer would suit
my needs just fine.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software