Stack loading slowly

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Nov 5 09:05:11 CST 2005

I've verified that the stacks with the images and sounds are loaded
before the "go stack" command is sent.  There is no major delay for
those stacks to load.   So it cannot be a sound/image thing.

Then the very small stack (the splash screen) loads, gives its
message, then issues the "go stack" command to the primary stack (not
a mainstack, a substack).

The primary stack has a lot of objects, mostly buttons, which do not
individually have an alwaysBuffer property.  Setting the alwaysBuffer
of the stack itself to TRUE and FALSE made no difference in the time
it took for the preOpenStack handler to be triggered after the "go
stack" command was issued.

Locking messages did not appear to make a difference, though that
command could not be used in the final product as it needs the
preOpenStack and other pre- and open- commands to occur.

Locking screen did not appear to make a difference, either.

In other words, I've ruled several things out, but still have no
solution to make this thing load faster.

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com