Order of execution

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Nov 5 08:40:39 CST 2005

>The message watcher says anything?
>If you put and lock screen before your go, does it still go slow?
>if you lock messages, it could go faster but there might not be
>a preopencard handler...
>Is the revproperty palette open?
>stacks opened from across a network?
>plugins?

No revProperty palette (using an older version of MC) and no plugins.

I tried locking messages and it got a little hairy  (there are many
preOpen... handlers that run in this program).  Initially the stack
never appeared (being invisible).  When I made it permanently
visible, as far as I could tell it still took 11+ seconds for the
stack to appear after the "go" command.

So perhaps it is an issue as Jeanne said of reading the stack file
from disk into memory.  Is there a way to speed that process up,
short of deleting everything that makes the stack desireable?

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com