Order of execution

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Nov 4 14:02:29 CST 2005

I am trying to find out why there is a long delay.

The following command is issued from a stack:

go invisible stack "Felix" as toplevel

In the preOpenStack handler of stack "Felix" I've put the following
to help debug the delay:
answer "preOpenStack Felix"
This is at the very beginning of the preOpenStack handler.

There is a very long delay between the "go" and the "preOpenStack"
commands.  I've put various "answer" commands into other preOpen- and
open- handlers of various stacks in an attempt to see what the
trouble is.

Nothing seems to happen in between the two.

The only theory I have is that I recently added a large number of
hidden objects to the main card of stack "Felix".

I've tried setting the alwaysBuffer of stack "Felix" to ON and OFF.
There is no difference.  Still a very long delay.

Is there anything that can happen with a stack before preOpenStack?
I would have assumed this to be the first thing that would happen.

Any ideas?

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games