1000 objects

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat May 28 16:08:04 EDT 2005

>I'm assuming you're drawing something like face-down playing cards.
>If the appearance is always the same, another way to handle
>something like this would be to have one graphic instead of many,
>calculate where the click occurred and then do what is appropriate
>based on that.

The cards turned out really well.  I am very pleased with that
upgrade.  The biggest bugger in dealing with the cards was the
layering.  I finally nailed that.  Hundreds of objects moving around
and needing to be on top of each other visually... but the layering
changes with every hand... that took a bit of doing, especially since
some layers had to go BEHIND other layers.  Otherwise all layers
could start at 1 and simply add 1 as you went along.

The whole layering issue will come into play again with the chips,
but I simply will copy what I did with the cards and all should work
out well.

So far the chips are coming along nicely.  I've discovered a new
aspect of the "move" command that makes me happy.

           set the lockMoves to true
           repeat for each item s in stackup
             move btn ("chip" & s) from (the loc of btn ("chip" & s)) \
                 to stackWhere in gWiz ticks without waiting
             subtract 3 from item 2 of stackWhere
           end repeat
           set the lockMoves to false

Moves a group of objects all at one time.  In other words, a stack of chips :-)

Pretty nifty.
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com