Standalone RSRC Item?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu May 19 17:59:57 EDT 2005

Hi friends,

>>> I've been told never to remove or rename it, but I don't know
>>> what's in it.
>>> Ditch it and let us know what happens. :)
>>>
>> OK.  Uh...
>> SMOKE! FIRE! FLAMES! CALL 911!
>> Actually, nothing seems to be happening.  Seems to work OK.
>> Haven't seen
>> any trouble (yet...).  If anyone else has any specifics on this
>> file, please
>> share.
>>
> Looks like it is linked C libraries to me. If your app doesn't make
> calls that use those libraries then nothing will happen, but if it
> does, then you will probably crash.

Just took a look at that file with "Rezilla" (at least until
"Rezilla" crashed :-)
and what i saw was exactly the same we used to see if we opened a pre-X
application with "ResEdit", if someone might remember...

Lots of resources :-)

aete
appl
BNDL
DITL
DLOG
FREF
icl4
icl8
ICN#
ics#
ics4
ics8
MCRD
MSTD
plst
TMEM
vers
WDEF

It looks like very old (classic) stuff and the question is, is all
this really necessary
on OS X anymore? I think that was the question anyway :-)

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de