Appearance of menu items in version 2.6.B11 (and earlier)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Jun 21 11:52:40 EDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005,Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

>Hi Wilhelm,
>
>>> I have uploaded three screenshots (taken with a camera) that show
>>> the overlapping of text in some menu items and also cut-off text:
>>>
>>> <http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia/MCTools-B11.htm>
>
>Must be an engine issue, since we did not change anything in the menus.

Problem solved, cause not fully understood:

When I set the "mcversion" of the mctools stack to the engine version (2.6.5) - AND restarted Metacard after saving - the menu items appear without overlapping and cut-off text like in my screenshots.

But it escapes me why a non-matching version number should cause such overlapping and cutting-off !? This does not happen with engine versions 2.5  or 2.6.2 (I reset the mcversions of these earlier versions without getting adverse effects).

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>