.wav and .aiff files

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Wed Jun 15 08:08:20 EDT 2005

I use voice recordings in my projects, and as yet have not found an
OSX program to record in.  I'm working on a new project and thought
it was a good time to find a program, so I downloaded a few.  Most
just didn't have it (and my needs are fairly simple), but one had it.
So I made a bunch of recordings.

In the playing back of the recordings in Metacard, sometimes they'd
play okey dokey and sometimes just static.  So I converted them from
.wav to .aiff (in that same program).  Same issue.

I did not have that problem when recording files in the Mac Classic
program I was using and importing them into this same version of
Metacard 2.4.3.  Of course the fellow who created that particular
program doesn't think it's an issue with his program, but with the
program that is being used to play the files.

I could go re-record all those recordings using the Classic program,
but that's a very temporary bandaid, and I'm looking for a fix.

I'm looking for one program, that doesn't cost a million bucks, to
make voice recordings in.  It must allow me to edit the recordings
(delete pauses and so forth) and ideally to change the pitch and add
echoes.  And it must allow me to save the recordings in a format that
Metacard can play.  In Classic I had to use at least two programs for
the results I wanted, one to create/edit and save to .wav.  And
another to convert the .wav to a smaller version of the .wav.  Surely
I can find one program for this for OSX that makes Metacard happy
files?

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Shari
--