[OT]: MC IDE b9

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 11:00:40 EDT 2005

on Fri, 10 Jun 2005
Chipp Walters wrote:

> It's obvious you're a very smart guy, and have a
> wealth of knowledge in many technical areas.

> But frankly, everytime I download one of your
> stacks, invariably it doesn't work, or I can't
> figure out what you're trying to do, or there's
> no documentation. I've subsequently quit trying.

I feel that i'm in the same boat, because
my stacks (that works fine in Windows and Linux)
produce many errors when moved to Mac OS X.

Until i could get a Mac OS X machine, many of
these errors left me scratching my head, because
i'm not able to see them in the Windows machines
that i'm using.

Another issue is that some developers are using
older engines...
for example the script: "Sort numeric"
fails in Metacard 2.4 but works fine in 2.5

I'm completely sure that Xavier's stacks are
highly dependent of the environment in which
he develops them.
It's Windows 2000, Xavier?

xbury wrote:

> I just wonder where linux would be today if Linus
> was faced with the same crowd i am...

Do you mean Mac OS X users and developers? ;-)

> No admonition intended... But i find
> many go their own way,
> rewrite the wheel and still dont get it...
> So that's ultra-aggravating if
> you've already pointed the obvious circle...

I still hope to read extensives testing benchmarks
and reviews of our stacks in a RunRev produced
magazine.

Without specific or detailed feedback and advise
from others more experienced developers is
difficult to improve our code...

al

Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/