answer kill variable

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 28 03:34:26 CDT 2005

Hi Reinhold,

> Hello!
>
> I pick the selected line of a field with List Behavior. With put mc
> tells me the content of a variable, but answer kill it
>
> on mouseup
>   put the clicktext # I get the clicktext :-)
>   put the clicktext into FraSu
>   put FraSu # i get FraSu :-)
> end mouseup
>
> on mouseup
>   answer the clicktext # I get the clicktext :-) again
>   put the clicktext into FraSu
>   answer FraSu # i get nothing :-)
> end mouseup
>
> What's the reason. Can anybody explain it?

If you "answer" "the clicktext" immediately, the user will then click
"OK"
in the dialog and "the clicktext" is empy again.

Looks like "the clicktext" is a "temporary" thing and will be emptied
as soon
as the user clicks anything/anywhere else.

If you need to "answer" it, store the clicktext in a variable first
or use "the selectedtext of fld xyz", which should also work AFTER
an "ANSWER".

> Thanks
> Reinhold

Gruß