metacard Digest, Vol 22, Issue 24

Marielle Lange rp011s7075 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 14:39:21 CDT 2005

> Hi Klaus!
>
> I built a virtual keyboard with phonetic charakters for my
> french-vocabulary-program

Hi Reinhold,

In case this can be of any use to you, I have the complete set of
French phonetic characters in gif format (I have the English one as
well). I also have a virtual keyboard/character map already written
(something very similar to the "insert symbol" facility found in
office applications except that you can increase the font-size -
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/stacks/mystacks/font_utils.rev>,
click on character map when open).

A few examples of good vocabulary learning applications:
http://jeudeloie.free.fr/liens.htm
http://www.weblettres.net/sommaire.php?entree=1&rubrique=42&sousrub=200
http://www.ac-nancy-metz.fr/enseign/anglais/Henry/outils.htm#phonepr
(you will find there some tools to type in phonetic)
I find that one quite elegant: http://phonetique.free.fr/

Best,
Marielle
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguistics, Lecturer in Psychology and
Informatics
University of Edinburgh, UK

Homepage:  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mlange/
Lexicall project: http://lexicall.org