Unique computer id

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Jul 22 09:17:35 CDT 2005

>Ah, that's right... they changed how system_profiler worked when they went
>from 10.2 to 10.3... so the code will work on 10.3+ systems, but you
>obviously need it for older systems, right? If so, how far back do you need
>to go?
>
>Ken Ray

Ken,

I still sell software for PPC, though I don't sweat over
compatibility for PPC these days.  Most of my sales are OSX, followed
by Windows (which is starting to catch up).  At the very least, I'd
like to be compatible with all OSX systems and the majority of
Windows systems.

Especially my own systems :-)

I'm pretty certain my stuff is compatible with Tiger, as I've had
many sales for Tiger and no complaints.  So I'm curious... what was
the big deal about software and compatibility with Tiger?  Whatever
it was, Metacard gracefully flowed right into it, at least my version
did.  Way to go, Metacard!

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games