Unique computer id

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Jul 21 16:15:42 CDT 2005

>I just remembered that I should have asked what country the user is
>in.  I am working on a solution for Germany and Poland.  I will give
>the info to Ken to update that wonderful tip (once I have it
>working).

Texas, United States.  (I asked him after you posted that you had a
similar issue in Germany...)

I have another user with a problem, though I have not gotten reports
from him as I did with this one.  Also in the U.S.  His problem may
or may not be the same (I am assuming it is).  He also has Windows XP.

Oddly enough, my Windows beta testing is on XP, with two computers
networked together sharing the internet, and it works fine here.
Ours is cable modem.  So presumably the difference is that it is
never off.  Dialup versus cable modem?

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games