Unique computer id

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Jul 21 14:54:34 CDT 2005

Ken,

On my system (OSX 10.2.8) it spits out:  "Error, Can't locate serial number."

When I launch Apple System Profiler manually, the System Profile
shows "Customer serial number" under Hardware Overview as "Not
Available."

But under "Devices and Volumes" under "Bus/Hard Drive" it shows a
"Device Serial" with a serial number.  I have two hard drives listed
and both show a serial number here.

Thinking that maybe it couldn't find Apple System Profiler (I'm
notorious for moving things) I put it back where I *thought* it may
have originally been... in the Applications folder.  Tried again,
same result.

I also tried not filtering the report to see what it produced.

shell("system_profiler SPHardwareDataType") produced the following one line:

Usage: system_profiler [-xml]

So did shell("system_profiler SPIDEDataType")

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com