embedding objects in scrolling fields & adolescents

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 10:32:37 CDT 2005

On 7 Jul 2005, at 10:16, Mathewson wrote:

> While a large part of the world is hooked on the "I want it
> now" idea, and the servicing of the minimal attention span.
> I want to SLOW PUPILS DOWN so that they absorb information,
> see multimedia in a meaningful CONTEXT, and are forced to
> pay attention for more than a 2 second sound-bite.

Worthy goals, and I'm sure GUI experimentation is to be preferred
over drugs for slowing the bu**ers down. (Probably cheaper.) :-)

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I think you can achieve some of
this already by using the "imagesource" property to simulate buttons
in a field. By using the link textstyle, the linktext property and
the linkclicked message, you can probably achieve the effect of
embedded buttons. No good for movie players though. (Do animated gifs
work as imagesource images? Worth a try, perhaps.)

Cheers
Dave