More on 'allowObjects'

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sat Jul 2 02:16:20 CDT 2005

HOWEVER: 'allowObjects' in SuperCard 4.5 appears to allow
the
embedding of other objects (QT Players, Buttons, and so
on), not just images.

I had an image of a scrolling text field about (for
example)
the history of The Holy Roman Empire complete with movies
extracts at the relevant places in the text; buttons to
play music, pictures of the "happy, smiling faces" of the
Holy Roman Emperors, and so forth.

Now, it may be that it is already possible to embed OBJECTS
/ CONTROLS other than IMAGES - but I cannot find a
reference to the equivalent of 'imageSource' for this.

BY THE WAY (OT): I am now the proud owner (!!!) of a
DreamCard 2.6 license: paid for work done by Dr Marielle
Lange. So, I guess (though the thought of it really hurts)
I shall have to SHUT UP COMPLETELY about FREE/DEMO
versions.

RIchmond Mathewson

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html