FipsIDE

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Fri Jan 28 19:06:45 EST 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> Works great. I even tried it on OS 9 and it worked fine. Eventually Rev
>> Crashed when I chose "newobj" backscript from your tool palette (4wDev). Was
>> not a hard crash, just "application unexpectedly quit" finder message. Again
>> this was on OS 9.
>
> That's what I meant by a "hard crash", as opposed to a script execution
> error.

OK, it was "soft" variation of "hard crash" :). Computer didn't freeze, just
"application unexpectedly quit" with error type 2 message.

> Do you recall how many times you flipped back and forth before it failed?

none.

I tried again today.

systemversion = 9.1.0
RevAppVersion = 2.5
the version = 2.6.1
build number = 9
MC IDE v2.6b7

+ I had your wonderful Devolution tools loaded (no other plugIns)

First try, launched Revolution and immediately flipped to MC IDE

flip to MC was successful but MC message box was not working. You could type
there but it was no execution after either hitting return in msg or sending
"put 2+2 into msg" from button.

Choosing "newobj" backscript from your tools palette worked this time fine.
Eventually got "application unexpectedly quit" with type 2 error. No
flipping, I was just browsing scripts of "MC menu bar"

Second try, just re launched Rev

flip to MC was successful, msg box worked, choosing  "newobj" backscript
from your tools palette worked. Spent about 10-15 minutes in MC IDE,
everything worked.

Got "application unexpectedly quit" with type 2 error when I tried to flip
back to Revolution.

I'll try OS X and win XP tomorrow and let you know.

best regards
Tariel