Bizarro behavior explained

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sat Feb 5 14:45:42 EST 2005

>Hi Richard and all,

>>>Does that mean that one won't be able to run multiple copies of MC
>>>each with different preferences? I sometimes run 2 or 3 copies at
>>>the same time.
>>
>>Hmmmm....that didn't come up when Klaus was discussing it here.
>
>Yo, surprise, surprise :-)

Either I slept through it or I missed it somehow but I do not recall
this being discussed :(

>>How many v2.6 IDEs will you be running?
>>Klaus -- feel like adding multiple support for multiple IDEs?
>
>Hm, yes, but may need some hints on how to differ between the multiple IDEs?
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Maybe adding a checkbox to the prefs stack "save prefs external"?
>This way it is up to you to use the homestack instead...

Yes, I think such a checkbox would be the simplest solution. May be
better to have it reversed, though

  X - use preferences in home stack

Making the externally stored the default. Use applies here to reading
and writing. The only thing to consider is what to do when user
changes this setting. Hmm, may be just ask user what to do (retain
currently active prefs or reload from the newly selected location)

Robert