MC IDE v2.6b12 posted

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 30 10:54:24 CST 2005

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

>> 1. When the MC IDE is started, stack "mctools" appears to have been be
>> loaded twice.

This is not limited to just the tools stack, it can happen to any stack.
And it's been going on ever since I began using MC. I wrote to Scott
Raney about it once, and now I can't find his answer, but basically it
is just a cosmetic issue that means nothing. He said to ignore it.

>> 5. The Standalone Builder builds standalones according to the
>> look-and-feel for  "OS native" even if "Windows 95" has been set in
>> the preferences.
>> I noticed this when I build the splash stack for my "Colorpattern
>> Toolkit" (<http://www.sanke.org/Software/PatternToolkitWin.zip>) and
>> tested it with other stacks.
>> I tried to find out whether version 2.6 of the two embedded (in
>> mctools) standalone builders was the cause, but it wasn't. Even using
>> an older standalone builder (of MC 2.5) , but with the 2.6.6 engine,
>> made no difference. But changing to an older engine, namely that of MC
>> 2.5, produced a standalone with Windows look-and-feel even when the
>> new standalone builder was being used.
>>
>> Which means that the culprit must the new engine! I built a standalone
>> of the same stack in the Rev IDE with "Windows emulated" checked: Same
>> result, the produced standalone displays MacOS native features (like
>> they appear on Windows).

It is my understanding that look and feel is a session-specific property
that is never built into the standalone or into a stack. (I can't
explain why an older version of the engine would retain this property,
though.) Look and feel must be set in a preOpenStack handler if you want
to implement something different than the native OS appearance. It isn't
meant to be a permanent property, so I don't think this is a bug.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com