how to detect if a file is a metacard stack or not

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert r.venzl-schubert at t-online.de
Tue Dec 20 16:39:36 CST 2005

Hi!

I wrote the following script to simplify the selection of a metacard
stack to import it into my learning software:

   if the platform is MacOS then
     answer file "Wählen sie eine Datei zum Importieren aus:" with
type "MSTK"
   end if
   if the platform is Win32 then
     answer file "Wählen sie eine Datei zum Importieren aus:" with
"*.mc"
   end if

But when I pack an importfile as a zip, send it to my homepage and
load it down again, the learning software don't detect it anymore. I
think the type MSTK get lost on the way.

Therefore I threw out  the part   ... with type "MSTK"

But when I try to import a pdf-file for example I get a execution
error in this line

   put the effective filename of stack ImportStack into StartMediaFolder

Now I need a script that checks if the file is a metacard stack.

If the ImportStack is not a stack then exit ...

Do anybody know a good script?

Thanks
Reinhold