go to url

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Dec 7 01:10:10 CST 2005

On 12/6/05 9:27 PM, "Ray Horsley" <ray at linkitonline.com> wrote:

> Fascinating handler, Ken.  Thanks!  Just one thing.  Where is the
> function isOSX() located?  I don't seem to have that in any of the
> libraries.

Whoops! Sorry about that, it's a function that's part of my standard setup
so I forgot to include it... here it is:

function isOSX
  set the itemDel to "."
  return (item 1 of the systemVersion >=10)
end isOSX

Oh, and btw, for anyone that wants to use the "aim:" protocol for starting
an instant message session, here's the summary of what you can do with the
protocol:

aim:goim?screenname=[SCREENNAME]
Begins a new empty conversation with the given screenname.
Example:
    aim:goim?SonsOThndr

aim:goim?screenname=[SCREENNAME]&message=[MESSAGE]
Opens a conversation with the given screenname, with the message already
entered. The user need only click the 'Send' button in order to send it out.
If the message has spaces, they must be replaced with "+" (note: not sure if
this should be generally urlEncoded, or if it is just the spaces).
Example:
    aim:goim?SonsOThndr&message=This+is+a+test.

aim:gochat?roomname=[CHATROOM]
Opens a chat window and automatically enters the given room.
Example:
    aim:gochat?roomname=NewRoom

aim:addbuddy?screenname=[SCREENNAME]
Opens the Add Buddy dialog, with the specified screen name already entered.
The user needs to click the "Add" button before it is officially added.
Example:
    aim:addbuddy?screenname=SonsOThndr

Have fun,

Ken Ray