[WTF] MC's Answer Dialog Options Flipped?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Aug 31 19:54:14 CDT 2005

On 8/31/05 6:10 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Scott Rossi wrote:
>> OK, I ran into this last night and chalked it up to lack of sleep but now
>> I'm seeing it again so I have to ask: do the response options in MC's answer
>> dialog get positioned in reverse order?
>>
>> When I run the following in the msg box:
>>
>>  answer "hello" with "one" or "two" or "three"
>>
>> I get:
>>
>>  hello
>>  [three]  [two]  [one]
>>
>> I always thought the last option in the answer command was used as the
>> default.  Running the above in Rev generates the expected result:
>>
>>  hello
>>  [one]  [two]  [three]
>>
>> Can anyone confirm this?  Did I miss a change somewhere?
>
> I've noticed the same thing lately. I can't remember when it changed, or
> if it changed in the MC IDE or as a result of the new engine. Does
> anyone know if the MC IDE has altered the behavior? It used to work
> correctly cross-platform.

It's an IDE change - b11 has a comment in the Version History that "Ask and
Answer dialogs now have their button positions placed according to the Mac
OS HIG when running on that platform." It changed between b6 and b11 (I
think it was b11).

Richard could tell you better...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software