Revolution debugger issues

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Thu Aug 4 05:08:36 CDT 2005

Jacque,

I observe what you describe quite often. I am not sure that it
is related to a prticular command. Sometimes, I believe that the
debugger quits if a handler is called in a password-protected
stack. It cannot continue debugging, because the script is
password-protected. It could be that the called handler needs to
contain an error for the debugger to stop.

Mark

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I'm writing to the MC list because I don't want to start a flame fest on
> the main Rev list. Is anyone here using the Revolution debugger? There
> is a problem with it that has had me going around the bend for the last
> week and I'd like some help nailing it down so I can Bugzilla it.
>
> I sent Mark Waddingham a fairly complex stack that exhibits debugging
> problems constantly for me, but he couldn't reproduce them. I see that
> someone has entered a non-reproducible bug already about how the
> debugger exits prematurely when a url is loaded, but the team couldn't
> reproduct that either. It is similar to what I am seeing, but I believe
> it is a much broader problem than just loading urls.
>
> The basic problem is that while stepping through a script, the debugger
> will suddenly exit debugging mode completely. Breakpoints set after the
> point where the exit occurs do not break. Debugging becomes impossible
> because the error you are trying to find is somewhere after the point
> where the debugger stops working. The variable watcher contains no local
> values, only the usual globals.
>
> In one of my handlers, it looked like this happened if I set a
> breakpoint in a handler that called a function w contained an error. For
> example:
<snip>

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.